Update: Due to scheduling conflicts, the first day of class is July 13. The course will be 3 weeks, 2 hours per day: 5pm to 7pm. Since the time is reduced, the price is reduced to $250.
Are Your Stage Combat Skills Rusty?
How long has it been since you took a stage combat class? Have you ever? Most theatre schools in Vancouver don’t even teach stage fighting. However, it is a fundamental skill for the performer.
Get a Refresher For Your Physical Performance
Stage combat is a shortcut to mastering your instrument by incorporating:
- moving around the stage with purpose
- interacting with another character in a life-or-death situation
- playing fear, anger, injury, effort while still concentrating on the choreography
- staying aware of your environment
- breathing, yelling, speaking your lines while exerting yourself
Don’t Accept Less Than FDC
Learn the foundations of Fight Directors Canada:
- Unarmed combat
It’s not just weapons, FDC emphasizes:
- Safety: You need to move with high speed and intensity, without risking any kind of injury.
- Storytelling: It’s not a game, it’s part of the play/movie… learn to incorporate combat into a scene.
- Style: Techniques change based on history and geography. Learn a versatile system.
Fun and Intensive
This is a jump-start program:
- 3 weeks
July 6July 13
Any actor can do this:
- Afternoons: So you can get to other jobs in the evening, or auditions during the day
- Short duration: You don’t have to plan for 4 months of classes
- Downtown: Getting to Richards and Hastings is so easy
Get in gear, get an advantage over the other actors, get real safety and FDC standards (internationally recognized quality), get to Academie Duello.
Register Now – Call 604.568.9907
Drop by Academie Duello 422 Richards St. (upstairs)
The first class is July 13!
ps: Are you auditioning for Bard on the Beach in August? With this workshop on your resume, they’ll know you can handle a sword.